Monday, February 26, 2018

Destined to Write

      This is the wild attempt to do something I knew I was destined to do .... WRITE!
      I have always believed that everyone has a book inside them but I knew, for SURE, that I have had one inside of me for a very long time.
       The thought of doing such a thing was sparked by numerous - and I do mean numerous - friends, relatives, and even strangers, and (most importantly) my husband - all telling me that I should write a book! 
       So here I am writing a BLOG, the very word of which wasn't even invented when I started this project. The dictionary says "BLOG" originated from the word "weblog" and dates somewhere between 1995 and 2000.
      For a very long time, the idea of writing just sat quietly in a secret spot in my private heart of hearts. The root of the reality of it festered deep within me. It was combined and tightly wrapped, with a very real fear of ever allowing it to surface.
      Years ago, I began encapsulating our lives in the form of a Christmas letter to family and friends. Because we have always lived out of town, and away from family, the need to keep in touch with them made this essential.
      I call it essential because to us, family is very, very important. And as the years relentlessly marched on, more of our extended family have scattered across the country.
       My annual Christmas letter began in 1981 and has, thus far, continued through 2017. Now, it never seemed like a very significant thing to do, much less to even call it a project. And I must admit that I never dreamed of it becoming "a thing." But when I look back through that rubber-banded stack of annual letters, I see that it has morphed into a family history book!
      Of course, when I finally sat down to formally begin the work of writing, it meant no turning back. But still, it was not a reality until I began to admit to people that I was, in fact, writing. Now, it's "out there!" Wow!
      Once I started to honestly set aside time to write, it became "a thing" ... took on an entity of itself.. a work in progress.. a fulfillment within my heart that has kick-started me forward in this somewhat scary endeavor.
      I say scary because one has to climb up on the altar of vulnerability to be willing to let people see inside your soul.
        This adventure may, or may not, be very enlightening or even entertaining to you, but still, all I can do is follow through and do my part. I do this task by faith, with a deep-down knowing that I'm supposed to pursue this course of action.
      So because you are even reading this, you must be, at least, a little curious - curious enough to tag along into the unknown spaces of the real me. 
      I do promise you that each of these musings is TRUE, although I may have to change some names - just to "protect the innocent." (This is possibly a reference to an old tv show called "Dragnet.")
      Through my writings, I may divulge a serious lesson I had to learn or just reveal unbelievable silliness, which I find too good to let fall away into the great abyss of the forgotten moments of my life.
       So, whether serious heaviness or silly lightheartedness, I persevere to follow in obedience to "that still small voice" within me who urges me to press on.
      Only HE will decide when and where to use these warnings, lessons, and encouraging words. What you "do" with this is up to you, but I welcome you on this maiden journey of mine.
      My hope is that, at the least, someone will be inspired to join me in overcoming the scary unknown and begin to write their very own book. 
      So onward I type ... in faith! To Him be the glory for the great, and sometimes amusing, things He has done!
       

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I'm praying. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you area venturing out into the world of writing! People always tell me I should write but I’ll watch you and learn! Love what you’ve said already! You go GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my post seems to be set on Pacific time...I promise I am NOT up at 4:00AM! Haha

      Delete